This article does a great job explaining in detail how the body works in relation to increased processed foods and sugar. There are a lot of visual aids to help you comprehend the whole concept. You won’t be disappointed if you take the 5-7 minutes needed to give this article justice. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
Here are a couple of bullets from the article:
- A University of Washington study showed that 1 glass of water stopped hunger pangs for 100% of studied dieters
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated
- Sugar can rewire the brain’s pathways. Diets full of processed and sugar-heavy foods can increase the risk of depression by 58%
- High-sugar diets pump inflammatory cytokines into your bloodstream, which can exacerbate arthritis
- One of the most efficient strategies for reducing carb cravings in most people is to stop relying on carbs for energy