I am going to let you in on a little secret…. I LOVE SLOPPY JOE’s! My family has grown to love how I make Sloppy Joe’s. My kids are probably sick of hearing how many fresh ingredients I put into making Sloppy Joe’s. Yes, I put a lot of love in them!!
What caught my attention with this recipe was not so much the Sloppy Joe’s, as it was the picture of the grain free buns! I will admit that I have not made this recipe, but I am now inspired to want to make these buns. Whether it be for a future Sloppy Joe night, or what I know my daughter will love me for is if I surprise her one night with a juicy grass-fed hamburger with a BUN!!! Ha!!
I hope to report back sooner than later after trying to make the buns!
Mark’s Daily Apple – Sloppy Joe’s with Grain Free Buns
This recipe is another one of my favorite’s that my wife will make on occasion. I am confident that if you have never used almond flour in baking, after you try a few recipes with it, you will absolutely like the taste far better than traditional all-purpose flour.
This is an easy paleo banana bread that’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. The quick bread has a great texture. The almond flour gives it a wonderful, moist tender crumb. Many paleo baking recipes call for a long list of ingredients, but this paleo bread calls for just a few simple ingredients and comes out perfect!
My recommendation to eat this is to heat it either in the microwave or even a toaster oven. Once you’ve heated or toasted to your liking, put some Kerrygold Pure Irish grass-fed butter on and let it melt in and enjoy it with a nice cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream!! Dee-Lish!!!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 300 grams almond flour, about 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Option; 1/2 cup walnuts or dark chocolate chips or even a combination of the two!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease 3 mini loaf pans using coconut oil or ghee, or line with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs in a stand mixer with whisk attachment on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, until thick and pale yellow.
- Reduce speed, add bananas and mix until combined.
- Pour in honey and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients in 2 additions.
- Mix until combined, fold in add-ins if using, then spoon batter into loaf pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
To get the full recipe, follow this link: Paleo Banana Bread