Here is another great cookie recipe that is both gluten and grain free. This is a nice recipe to make, especially if you have ripe avocados that will quickly go from ripe to rotten!
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
YIELD: 22 COOKIES
2 small ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed (about 1 cup)
1 large egg
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut butter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 TBSP ground cinnamon
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the dark chocolate. Process until well combined and smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks. Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies. Using lightly moistened fingers, flatten the dough into cookie shapes. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until just set. Let cool on the sheet on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
This recipe is from PALEO Magazine: Link to the Recipe
This recipe is another one of my favorite’s that my wife will make on occasion. I am confident that if you have never used almond flour in baking, after you try a few recipes with it, you will absolutely like the taste far better than traditional all-purpose flour.
This is an easy paleo banana bread that’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free. The quick bread has a great texture. The almond flour gives it a wonderful, moist tender crumb. Many paleo baking recipes call for a long list of ingredients, but this paleo bread calls for just a few simple ingredients and comes out perfect!
My recommendation to eat this is to heat it either in the microwave or even a toaster oven. Once you’ve heated or toasted to your liking, put some Kerrygold Pure Irish grass-fed butter on and let it melt in and enjoy it with a nice cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream!! Dee-Lish!!!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 300 grams almond flour, about 3 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Option; 1/2 cup walnuts or dark chocolate chips or even a combination of the two!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease 3 mini loaf pans using coconut oil or ghee, or line with parchment paper.
- Beat eggs in a stand mixer with whisk attachment on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, until thick and pale yellow.
- Reduce speed, add bananas and mix until combined.
- Pour in honey and lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Mix dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients in 2 additions.
- Mix until combined, fold in add-ins if using, then spoon batter into loaf pans and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
To get the full recipe, follow this link: Paleo Banana Bread